Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Financial Products News #2012 - 58
NASDAQ OMX to Launch New Index Effective Friday, August 31, 2012
Data Feeds Impacted:
What you need to know:
What is the new Index?
The Copeland International Risk Managed Dividend Growth Index invests in dividend growth stocks outside of the United States but only in the sectors rated positively by the Newfound quantitative model.
How will the Index be disseminated in GIDS?
NASDAQ OMX will identify this index via the following data elements in GIDS:
|Index Identifier||Index Name||Currency||Dissemination Frequency||Session ID||Originator ID|
|IDVG||Copeland International Risk Managed Dividend Growth TR Index||USD||1-second intervals||"A"||"Q"|
- Index End of Day Summary (Category A - Type B): Disseminated at the end of the U.S. and European trading session to relay closing index summary data.
- Index Directory (Category A - Type C): Disseminated at the start of each day to relay basic index information.
How will the Index be disseminated in GIDS 2.0?
NASDAQ OMX will identify this index via the following data elements in GIDS 2.0:
|Instrument ID||Instrument Name||Currency||Frequency||FP Type||Brand|
|IDVG||Copeland International Risk Managed Dividend Growth TR Index||USD||"1S"||"I"||"CI"|
- Equities Summary (Message Type F): Disseminated at the end of the U.S. and European trading session to relay the summary of the current trading day2019s activity for an equity index.
- Index Directory (Message Type R): Disseminated at the start of each day to relay basic index information.
Please note: NASDAQ OMX will not support an official Index Settlement Value at this time.
Where can I find additional information?
- Please contact NASDAQ OMX Global Data Products at +1 301 978 5307 or +45 3393 3366.
- For questions about NASDAQ OMX index products, please contact NASDAQ OMX Global Indexes at +1 301 978 8284.
Subscribe to Email Alerts:
NASDAQ OMX is offering customers the ability to self select news delivery across various NASDAQ OMX markets. Create and maintain a profile for updating alert preferences and contact information. Visit the enrollment form on the NASDAQ Trader website and sign up today! Please note that if you choose to unsubscribe from an email list, you may no longer receive potentially critical emails from the NASDAQ Stock Market regarding NASDAQ's trading and data products, regulatory issues or marketplace initiatives.
About the NASDAQ OMX Group: The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. is the world's largest exchange company. It delivers trading, exchange technology and public company services across six continents, with more than 3,600 listed companies. NASDAQ OMX offers multiple capital raising solutions to companies around the globe, including its U.S. listings market, NASDAQ OMX Nordic, NASDAQ OMX Baltic, NASDAQ OMX First North, and the U.S. 144A sector. The company offers trading across multiple asset classes including equities, derivatives, debt, commodities, structured products and exchange-traded funds. NASDAQ OMX technology supports the operations of over 70 exchanges, clearing organizations and central securities depositories in more than 50 countries. NASDAQ OMX Nordic and NASDAQ OMX Baltic are not legal entities but describe the common offering from NASDAQ OMX exchanges in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Iceland, Tallinn, Riga, and Vilnius. For more information about NASDAQ OMX, visit www.nasdaqomx.com.